Friday, May 8, 2009

The Latest

It looks like we're definitely moving this year.

Last Thursday night, I had just stepped out of the shower when John knocked on the door to tell me that the District Superintendent was bringing the new minister and his wife over to look at the parsonage....in 5 minutes! I grabbed my clothes back out of the hamper, threw them on and then ran through the house like a maniac to do a quick pick-up.

Everything worked out well; they seem like great people and I hope they'll be happy here. It's just now I don't feel like this is my home anymore and I'm knocked completely off-center. We already started to pack for the move next month, so the boxes all over the house just add to the chaotic and twirly feeling.

Our new churches, two instead of three, will be in Erie County. I don't know exactly where yet. The D.S. will be taking John and I for the meet & greet with the new congregations on Tuesday night. We'll also be able to tour the parsonage then. I hope it's pretty. I'll tell you all about it on Wednesday.

Myesha, thank you so much for the photo of the boys; they're beautiful! Funny though, I always thought that Brody's eyes were green, but they're as blue as Joseph's.

No comments: