Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Union City

John will be serving the New Ireland and Lake Pleasant churches in Union City. The people were very welcoming and nice to us; it's going to be an absolute pleasure living there.

Union City is a small farming town and we both were impressed by how clean everything is. Knox Dale is pretty too, but there is always lots of litter on the side of the roads here. John can't wait to go fishing out on Lake Pleasant; it's beautiful. Edinboro is very close, so maybe I can finally finish my Master's degree. Titusville is also fairly close, so there are familiar places for us to go.

The parsonage is sweet...but about half the size of the K.D. parsonage. Actually, everything has just been newly remodeled because there was a fire in November which caused a lot of damage. My favorite room is the kitchen-big and bright.

The lawn is 2 acres (and I was worried Ben wouldn't have a place to run!) with a little stream running through it....so cute! Our new neighbors have horses and I'll be able to watch them through our kitchen window. Sorry for no pics, but I just wasn't bold enough to start snapping photos when it is not yet my home. We'll be moving the week of June 24th, so I'll be sure to post lots of photos then.

Sorry my writing is so disjointed, but I'm tired and still a little stressed over moving. I'm also a little worried about how I'm going to fit all of my furniture into that cute little gingerbread house, but I'm sure it will all work itself out.

Braddock is 2 hours and 37 minutes away from our new place taking 79N (according to MapQuest). That isn't too much longer, right? You all might want to come up before Christmas though since we are living directly in the snow belt. We were told tonight that last winter they had almost 200 inches of snow! Come up during the warmer months, so we can use that big yard and the kids can run around.

Myesha, thank you so much for the beautiful gift. You are such a thoughtful and caring person. That will be the very first thing I set out at the new place. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all can not wait to come up! The new place sounds perfect. Maybe you can talk to mommie and see when a good time would be for everyone to visit. Terry,sid,shel,billy,Uncle Tim,patty... n more, all love to fish. My kids love to explore the beautiful outside.
Have a great day!