Friday, June 26, 2009

Painted Black


We're moving in 4 days. I haven't yet finished packing or cleaning, but felt I needed more of a challenge because I wasn't quite busy enough. I decided that 96 hours before the moving van starts loading-up all of our belongings was the absolutely perfect time to paint our pie safe black. John and I bought it unfinished 18 years ago so, in my defense, the job was long overdue.

The photo glared out the punched tin panels and the paint color is blacker than it appears (cannon ball black, so says the paint can label).

The finished product is actually courtesy of John.

I tried, I really did. (Honest) Nothing seemed to be going well for me, so my darling husband dropped what he was doing to finish the task.

Never under-estimate the power of tears.

No comments: